Saturday, November 27, 2010

coincidence of Pont des Arts in Paris and Place des Arts in Montreal

A few months ago, when I was in Paris and I was walking in the streets, somewhere behind Notre Dame, I saw two young musicians who were playing John Lennon's "Imagine". I could say they didn't know Paris well enough and that they had just started their journey. I sat on the floor and listened. After a while, we started to talk and they turned out to be Czech. I told them how much I loved Prague and I had great memories during my 2 visits. They asked me what I wanted them to play and I said some folk Czech songs.

I then took them for a small tour around Rive Gauche, Place St Michel and finally to Pont des Arts, places where they could play and have more audience.
When we arrived at Pont des Arts, one of them said: "Wow! there's a party here". He was right. It was Saturday evening and as usual summer nights, this bridge was full of people who were sitting on it, eating, drinking and playing music.

After a few hours, we saw 2 other musicians who were playing tom-tom and accordion. The Czech guys started talking to them and one of them turned out to be from Montreal. I told him that I'm going to move to Montreal soon and we started talking. Then we all went down the bridge on the river bank where there were some more young musicians playing mostly tom-tom and so they played all together.
Here are 2 photos from that night. The rest you can see on my flickr page.



Today, after 3 months, without having any contact from the Montrealer, while walking my way in "Place des Arts" metro station in Montreal, I bumped into him!

What could be the probability of seeing someone you saw only once, in a place where it has a common word to the first place and that word happens to be "arts"?

Crazy world, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment