Monday, November 22, 2010

Life in Paris II

Unlike what I thought in the first 4 months that I had arrived in Paris, she is one lively city where you can feel life in different aspects. In this post, I want to show you some of the frames of the street art scene in Paris. You can see more photos on my flickr set


Place Saint Michel is one of those places where you can find these sort of performers almost every evening.



Bastille was one of those other places where you could find street musicians and some of them were awesome.



This man was a painter who painted on the floor near Chatelet.
He changed his painting almost everyday!




Near Montmartre, there were street art performers,


as well as musicians. This was the first time I saw such an instrument. My friend told me it is called "saw". It was made of a thin layer of metal, as thin as a paper, and it had a sound similar to violin but higher. It's an American folk instrument having its roots in the 19th century but which has become worldwide from the 20th century. 
You might be surprised to know that Tom Waits, Sarah McLachlan, Penderecki and even Neutral Milk Hotel used this instrument in their music. If anyone has a video link of performance by these artists, please leave it as comment. 


This was in Paris XX. "One should not trust words". Do you agree?

2 comments:

  1. but I trust your words! they can't be treacherous, especially when they are accompanied by your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot Sajad. I'm glad they convey something

    ReplyDelete