Thursday, August 18, 2011

Montreal Fashion Festival 2011

I don't know how probable it is in Paris to see Jean-Paul Gaultier fashion show for free but in Montreal, it is probable. One of the good things about Montreal is that in summer specially, the city is full of festivals most of which are free. Among these, is the fashion festival which lasts for 4 days in McGill College St.
Designers are mostly from Montreal area but not limited to this city. Models walking on runway, while opera singers in atypical outfits were belting out, made one of the shows quite special.

Unfortunately I was late on the first night where Jean-Paul Gaultier had a show. I did manage to watch but the front rows were so packed that I couldn't take a single photo.

Here are some of the photos I took from the festival


























 





And here you can find the anomalous designs by Gaultier with which he has broken some boundaries. The photos are taken by "Allen McInnis". I selected a few of them here.


No comments:

Post a Comment