Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Paris and the fashion festival in 2010

In my last days in Paris, I had a chance to get a pass and try my chance on fashion photography for the first time. I went to 2 shows, L'Oreal and Christophe Guillarme. As my first experience, I was surprised to see the tough environment and the atmosphere filled with unpleasant rivalry among photographers. One of them realized that I was a novice and started to distract me by pretending to give me hints about the setting of my camera while his friend was getting ready to shoot. I missed the first model and it was then that I realized what the story was.
Here are the ones I took from L'Oreal backstage. 




And these are from the runway.








"Christophe Guillarme" show was at night, in the narrow old streets near Rue de la Roquette. Another interesting thing happened. The people at the entrance, realized that I was an amateur so they told me to go upstairs where no photographer would go. I didn't say anything and came to sit beside an old guy who was a professional photographer and wasn't afraid to give me room in the front row. He even gave me tips on how to tackle with fashion photography.
Here are some of my photos. There was no runway, I used my zoom lens which unfortunately doesn't have a fix depth of field.







I will have some photos from Montreal's fashion festival in my next post.


1 comment:

  1. very impressive Asieh! Way to go :))- suresh

    ReplyDelete